Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Learning More By Running Less

I'm assuming and I've been told, by non medical professionals, that chances are I have plantar fasciitis. I need to stay off my foot and ice and stretch and ice and ice and ice and wait even after it doesn't hurt to start running again. I hate icing, I hate waiting, I hate staying off; it makes me feel like one of those runners who doesn't run but always complains of the infamous shin splints.
I am not going to let this get me down mentally or physically. I am going to substitute my running with water jogging. I am going to continue lifting my upper body and core conditioning. I am not going to worry about whether I will be able to run 11 miles when I first start back up, I am going to go out slower and shorter distance. I am going to learn about pace, mental and physically.
Learning about why I tend to push myself so hard in some areas and not others is going to be a priority. 2 weeks, I can do this. It's only 2 weeks if I behave myself, hopefully. I can't promise how I'll act after that!

No comments:

Post a Comment