Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Just a touch, itty bitty touch, Longer

Got up yesterday morning still in pain.  I got all my things and the kids together because I had made the decision that maybe I can’t run right now but I certainly could work out on the elliptical machine.  Now that is definitely not my favorite piece of equipment but I figured that if I workout on that for as long as my running partner runs and at the same intensity as I would have run I am keeping up as well as I can.

On my way into town I called my chiropractor, he got me in right then.  10 mins later I walked into the office and awaited my turn.  Within a minute I was on the table and ooching in pain as he touched my leg.  After a few minutes of adjustments and I was helped up and could bend WITHOUT PAIN!!!  That man is a miracle worker.  I’ve been to a few other chiropractors previously due to all my body malfunctions but this one, he is incredible.

I was informed that maybe I still wouldn’t be able to run this week due to the inflammation and because of the bone pain but….my “legs are now under your pelvis, as they should be”.  So running is in my future.

Working Out Regardless

From the chiropractor I made it to the Y and decided to use the elliptical machine.  I am going to take at least the 1st half of this week and not run.  I will use the elliptical for the same amount of time it would have taken me to run the miles on the schedule for that day.  So yesterday, Monday, my running partner, Dawn, was a a treadmill near me.  She ran and I did my thing for an hour.  It was actually a little more difficult than I thought it would be.  It was hard to find a position on the machine that mimicked running, to the best of my ability, and to not just set my hands on the handles.  Instead I needed to swing them as I would if I were running. 

It was amazing to workout without any pain; it’s been a few weeks since that has happened, sadly enough.

I left the cardio room feeling mentally rejuvenated and physically exhausted.  I can do this, it is just a hurtle I need to hop over, as soon as my knee will let me hop.

1 comment:

  1. YAY!!! That's so exciting ! I'm glad you were able to workout with no pain and I'm so glad the chiro was able to help you!

    ReplyDelete