Friday, January 21, 2011

More Than Just Running

Running a marathon is so much more than just running.  Nutrition, time management, stretching, strength/core training; all of those things have to come into the equation. 

When I get up in the morning I have to do my “internet” thing and my study thing; that should be from 4-6 am.  By 6 I should be done with all that and begin my workout plan for the day; do I just run and stretch today or am I adding strength in there, where do I fit in the swimming I need to keep up with and lord help me, I don’t want to miss my
SBBC circuit training class at least 1 day a week.

After those things are completed my “mom” business starts.  Get or make sure the older kids are up and moving for school, get all food ready for myself and the little boys for before and after the Y.  The hardest for me of all my morning day is getting the little boys fed and dress and shoed.  Getting them into the van is painful, absolutely painful! 

I’m going to leave my running off of here because that is my main workout but at the Y it is all that I planned with the hopes of running into friends and chatting.  I love the Y and all of its people.

My “after” work is just life; kids, school, groceries, husband, dinner, the life stuff.  That part of my life seems to bring one extra unexpected event after another.  I would love to know what shhhhh….quiet……shhhhhh feels like.

Now, I’m running behind, it’s 6:06.

No comments:

Post a Comment