Tuesday, January 11, 2011

The Power of an Fitness Instructor

I ended up going to the Y to swim today.  It wasn’t a good idea.  My head and nose are so stuffy that I couldn’t breath and due to my ear being plugged I felt the need to constantly be smacking the side of my head thinking that maybe something would pop out and allow me to hear again.  Sticking my head in the water did nothing to make me feel better.

Due to that not being a workout I decided to go to SBBC, boot camp.  Our typical instructor was out and the sub we were left with was incredibly awful!  I didn’t realize how much impact the instructor had on the enjoyment of a class, take it from my experience today, it makes all the difference in the world. 

I don’t think that you need a break every time you do something 10 times; 10 squats, 30 sec break and now take a sip of water.  Are you kidding I haven’t even broken a sweat yet.  Now do a lunge with a weight on your shoulder, why, that had no impact on my lunge.  I haven’t ever walked out of a class up until today.  It was torture; the excitement level was in the toilet, the quality of the exercise was nonexistent.  It wasn’t worth my time!

Lesson to self; make each class I evidentially teach upbeat, enough work to make you “find your BLISS”, and get the participants in the class involved.  Make it FUN. 

No comments:

Post a Comment