Friday, January 28, 2011

Smart Running

Met with the Doc yesterday re: my foot. I was informed that it is a strained muscle that goes from the outside of the foot up the calf. She has seen a few of these issues recently and it is due to the running on the slush and snow and having weak ankles.
I was given a few exercises to strengthen these muscles and told to ice and ibuprofen for inflammation. I was also released for SMART running.
Smart running, WHAT??? I can comprehend what this is right now, when I'm not running but I cannot guarantee anything once my feel start hitting the pavement. I need a mother out there running with me.
Smart running goal for today; water jogging and ankle/stability exercises and core strengthening. Smart running goal for tomorrow IE long run day; run only 5 miles!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment