Monday, January 25, 2010

Weight Loss

I started on this weight loss path as soon as I delivered my last son. At that time I was 241 lbs. After all the swelling went away and the baby bulge went down I was at a sturdy 209 lbs. That weight was taken when Walter was 4 weeks, at that time I could officially exercise and the struggle began. Walter is now 25 weeks old and I am down to 195 lbs. I have lost 14 lbs through serious exercise work but I cannot cut out calories because I am still nursing.
My husband and work out instructor tell me I have been reshaping my body but this is going so slowly. I have added Pilate's classes and interval training on the treadmill in the hopes of speeding up this weight loss process but I am so discouraged when I look at my arms and they are still so fat. I know fat is relative but for my body I am not supposed to look this way.
I have been told by my work out instructor last week to stop looking at the scale for 6 weeks and see where I am at that time and if nothing significant is happening to change things up again.
So here I am, worrying about whether I lost or gained weight last week. It is truly an obsession. On to another workout...

No comments:

Post a Comment