Friday, January 15, 2010

My Rant

I can tolerate and be friends with people who disagree with me. I don't need constant reassurance that I am correct and I am also not afraid to open my mind to another opinion or way of thinking. I recently found out I was Defriended on Facebook because I posted "I'm tired of getting Jesus posts". This isn't about whether I believe in Jesus or not, it is about the fact that I don't want anymore of those posts. But there is a bigger issue to be discussed about people not having tolerance anymore for those who are different.
I feel racism morphing into religiousism, politicism, incomism, educationism. Everything that made the American aspiration of equality seems to be disappearing. I don't know if it is fear in the unknown or fear of someone taking their spot in school or work but we will never achieve greatness if we, as a whole people, continue to knock down the very people who we will eventually need to help pick us back up.
I guess I'm not laughing anymore or needing to vent; I am now sad for those who can't see past their own single mindedness to the beauty of the collective whole.

No comments:

Post a Comment