Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Stepped off my Throne

My home is my throne where I direct my Paige's to do my bidding. When I leave I feel I enter Another's Kingdom and I have no say in who does what, where or when. I step off my throne only to serve my own selfish desires, yet still, I am distressed my title of Queen does not accompany me somehow. As I enter the commoners YMCA I must tote my own bags and keep my children in check while holding my head up in that regal heir wondering to myself, "does no one notice that I am here to strain my holy body in the classes I see fit, not while attempting to enter or exit this place". The effort I expend doing the "commoner's work" of signing in, checking the children into the child facility, then repeating it on the way out could be put to better use. I could take a longer class, put more effort into the class I currently am taking, or refresh myself longer in the lounge. Maybe some day in Another's Kingdom I will be recognized and treated with the honor I so deserve. However, while I wait, I will continue this daily ritual and relish the superiority I feel knowing I lowered myself today to mingle with the common man in the common YMCA and Meijer.

No comments:

Post a Comment