Thursday, February 24, 2011

Re-commiting

February is always a hard month for me to get through. To me it is like how middle school was, something I had to get through to get on with my life. Each February I go into it with the idea that, "this year will be different, I have a better attitude"; each year it is, unfortunately, the same. Injury and illness and family obligations become overwhelming when I haven't seen the sun for any length of time. I am tired of winter but I know winter hasn't sung its last song yet.
I, actually the dr, has made the discovery as to why my knee is giving me such issues and I have corrected what I can. I am tired of being injured and don't want to focus on it anymore. I just want to run regardless of how many miles or how fast those miles go by. I also want to focus on getting back into my old workouts of heavy lifting.
March is right around the corner so that means I am thinking spring and my birthday and my wedding anniversary. It also means focusing on my last little bit of weight loss. I did such a great job at not gaining through the holidays, as a matter of fact I lost weight in November, December and January. How then did I end up gaining 6 lbs in February; because I lose all sense of what my real goals are in February. I just duck my head down and pound my way to the end regardless of how much cake I eat, how many lattes I drink or how many warm creamy soups I slurp.
Soooo, I am back on board. I have only a few more February days to get through then I'm back. It's funny because even as I write this I am thinking "well, tomorrow we are going to chuckie cheese and coldstone creamery so don't really commit until March 1st, don't set yourself up for failure". CRAZY!
I will be realistic that I will be eating shitty for one more weekend. March 1st is like everyone else's New Year weight loss resolution; on that day I will start all over.



No comments:

Post a Comment