Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Dedication or Stupidity?

Last week the Dr gave me the ok to run so of course I did.  I loaded my body up on ibuprofen and ran.  My foot in the morning is sore but not PAIN so I’ve taken that as a good sign.   

Monday’s run 6 on the treadmill was mentally tough but not physically till mile 5.  I hurt a little but not as much as maybe I thought I would have.  Come Tuesday I got up and gave myself some tylenol, because I was out of ibuprofen, and got myself to the Y and ran again.  I was pretty much in pain from 0 to 1 mile then it eased until mile 2 then it started up a little stronger than before.  Why, you may ask, did I not stop.  That is seriously a question I ask myself all the time. 

I got off that treadmill with out the ability to bend my knee.  I was in so much pain I hobbled right to the lalala lounge and asked for ice. 

Here’s the thing, I’m afraid of getting fat again.  I’m afraid if I stop running for any length of time after just having stopped because I was sick I will never be able to catch up and run this marathon.  Also, I truly love running!  I don’t want to miss even 1 run, I love the feeling of it.  It is a beautiful release and escape for me mentally and exhilaration for me physically.  I enjoy other physical activities but nothing like I feel when I’m running. 

So am I stupid or dedicated?  Yesterday when I got home I sat, I couldn’t walk without pain so I didn’t.  This morning I got up and I’m only a little sore, I can bend my knee without much pain, like a 2.  I’m not contemplating how great it would be to shovel.  I’m totally STUPID, the decision has been made.

No comments:

Post a Comment