Wednesday, February 9, 2011

WOWWZA, Insanity

How can one be so IN LOVE with exercise.  I never ever ever in my young life would have guess that this would be me at 36 years of age.  As a child and young adult I would never exercise, how ridiculous!  Now, that sounds ridiculous.

Yesterday I woke with no pain, NONE!  Monday I worked out with NO pain, NONE!  However, the scale has gone up up up X 6 lbs since I have not been doing what I usually do and I had been eating a little too much, maybe a little more than a little.  Well, my eating is getting better; not great by any means but I’m definitely more conscientious about what I put in my mouth.

So because the scale is up and I’m in no pain, I’m going to do what Mel does best; work the fat I’ve recently been collecting off of this body.  I had a 3hr workout plan in mind and I was going to bust it out of the park.

1 hour of elliptical, still afraid to try running just yet.  45 mins of serious ass busting weight training and track work, this consisted of squats, deadlifts, good mornings, lunges (which I couldn’t do because my knee told me immediately that this was no good), pull-ups, push-ups, bicept curls, inch worms around the track, box jumps, and scissor kicks.  From there I went into the pool with Dawn, 500 meters.  I’m a truly horrible swimmer but I need to do it.  It’s good for me to do something I’m not good at for my mental well being.

Came home, brining the sleeping kids in the house and ouch, I felt something not right happen on my right side.  Immediately I called the sat down, turned on cartoonies for the boys and called the chiropractor.  He got me in in the afternoon and fixed me right up again.  My pelvis and hip and foot had shifted from their proper alignment.  All that working out and I felt great, lifting and carrying awkward  kids and bop, I’m hurt.  Crazy how kids can just screw up a good thing, but thankfully not for too long.  I’ve forgiven them, hahaha!

Then it’s Tuesday and we go to the Y as a family on Tuesday nights, Jimmy has tri swim class.  I was going to do the spinning class but I hadn’t signed up before hand and the class was full so I decided to do 20-20-20.  20 mins stairmaster, 20 mins spinning bike on my own, 20 mins rowing machine.  Then reverse elevated planks with my leg up, BRUTAL!

I was sweating and singing and LOVIN every single minute of it.  I am totally in love with exercise.  I know the dopamine and endorphins are cruising through my body but even when they are not I can’t wait to get that sweat on again.  Loving eating healthy is a struggle for me but not exercising.  I know that even if I can never run again, which I don’t think is realistic right now, I can love other things.  I love the “pain” that comes with pushing up that weighted squat bar.  I love the look of my muscles in the mirror when I was pulling back the rowing machine pulley.  I love that my heart rate, even when I am panting, doesn’t go higher than 137, I don’t know what I’d have to do to get it higher than that.  I love feeling powerful and empowered.  I love it so much, I’m nuts!  I think I’m truly crazy. 

I’m going back to the y today because I have to “run” on the elliptical machine for 10 miles.  Holy hannah!  I already know I’m going to feel amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment